Jacks Corner

a Chance for a few old Salts to Cackle

It is currently 24 Oct 2017 04:50

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: IRAQ
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2007 00:19 

F/CPO F/CPO

BIG JOHN wrote:
I THOUGHT IT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO IN IRAQ! BUT IS IT TIME TO "CUT AND RUN"? IS THE PRICE TO HIGH? :twisted:

B.J.

Yes Big John, it is time to cut and run in Iraq. Bush/Blair and Howard went into Iraq for one reason only the oil. With the worlds diminishing oil supplies they thought it wuld be easy as the first time in Kuwait/Iraq. They attacked Iraq against the wishes of the United Nations and the WMD inspectors, on false intelligence manufactured for their own means. The deaths of all those civillians, and our lads will weigh heavily on their consciences I think. History will judge them, and I hope they can sleep at night. As they say war is decreed by one generation, and fought with the blood of another. I am not a pacifist, if Britain or the Commonwealth were attacked, I would do my bit. (Probably the Home Guard now)
Harry

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2007 20:57 

Commodore Commodore

Bit confused here - go have a look at the noo forum sez Ray there's other ships on it - so I dus and blow me I find that the old 'unwanted' was in Iraq? well tha't what it looks like to me, never knew she got out of the channel [English](well she didn't in the 60's maybe before that when she was a destroyer but who am I to know?)

'Confused of Torpoint'

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2007 22:48 

Site Admin Site Admin

safewalrus wrote:
'Confused of Torpoint'

That's not hard O Bald one :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2007 23:19 

Commodore Commodore

True! But you don't need to be to clever to live down yer, why do you think I do! (whadya mean nobody else'd have me?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2007 23:41 

Site Admin Site Admin

Do people actually live in Torpoint ? I always thought it was a place to have kip whilst waiting for the Ferry :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2007 00:29 

Commodore Commodore

Of corse they do! not very brite ones but us gets by - sort of! It's full of strange things called baby sailors, trouble is these days they have to supply their own ships and it takes abit of time to teach 'em wot these things are! Once when we had some we'd say "look across at the dockyard those grey things is war canoes" - now we say "look at the dockyard those spaces is where we'll put the war canoes when we get some" Still they'll be closing the yard soon and that will solve the problem! It will also mean that the locals can officially do nothing - won't that be nice! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2007 00:58 

Site Admin Site Admin

Look :shock: Look :shock: a War Canoe :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2007 11:05 

Commodore Commodore

Wow Ray your ship Identification skills are up to standard (pity ths the old one there's three britght new shiny ones now - they are shiite (arabic?) not a patch on the old ones) 8)

Mind you probably more warlike than some of the stuff in that yard!

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2015 17:24 

Commodore Commodore

At least they move, which is more than can be said for some of those grey ones - Grey Ships in Guzz, not moving! Wow Standby for Mick want his old job back! To be fair he was good at looking after all them Reserve Ships - should be he spent more time on them than most!

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2017 13:56 

Commodore Commodore

safewalrus wrote:
At least they move, which is more than can be said for some of those grey ones - Grey Ships in Guzz, not moving! Wow Standby for Mick want his old job back! To be fair he was good at looking after all them Reserve Ships - should be he spent more time on them than most!

You still after yer awld job then Mick? Not that they know what a reserve ship is down that way these days I hear tell! But plenty of time quayside if they actually do find a ship to put in reserve, I'm sure they will, eventually! Primarilly because they won't have any sailors to man (?) 'em :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :roll: