{}

Jacks Corner

a Chance for a few old Salts to Cackle

It is currently 16 Nov 2018 22:06

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Fifty quid
PostPosted: 18 Aug 2013 21:44 

F/CPO F/CPO

Was watching a British programme on tv last night and they said fifty quid wasn't much.
I remember going back to Blighty for my Dad's funeral about twenty years ago, and I
thought how dear it was. We went down South first to see my wife's family and
put on a dinner time booze up in the local pub. That cost at least fifty quid.
Then we went North to my family, and did the same thing in a pub there, which cost
well over fifty quid.
Bugger now I lost my thought track, and forgot what I intended to say.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Fifty quid
PostPosted: 19 Aug 2013 07:57 

F/CPO F/CPO

Yes you are right Mick I am getting old and losing my marbles.
This is a fair few hours later and I have still forgot what I was going to say.
Mind you I had a good bash at the Chivas Regal whiskey last night.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2013 09:20 

Commodore Commodore

ah! of course Harry - whisky or whiskey does that to you! I often forget who I am on whisky.............now were was I? more to the point who am I?

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2013 09:27 

Commodore Commodore

Fifty quid? thats about the cost of a night out in blighty these days - and thats just a normal night not clubbing or anything! It is possible to have a quieter one, don't go out until say 2100, come back at say 2230 (ish) and have a few of them whiskys afore ye go! But at approximately £3.00 a pint...........mind you it gets cheaper the further North you go! there again there isn't too much work up there (not to much down yer either) so getting the werewithal to go out on the pi$$ ain't too easy!

Unlike Mick of course who manages to fall over on two halves of scrumpy.........there is some advantages about being as old as he is! But not many! :oops: :oops: :oops: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2013 19:44 

Lt Lt

nothing to be proud about how much one can drink. im still capable of holding my own when it comes to drinking. just dont go around barging about it..nudge, nudge. wink, wink.

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2013 10:33 

Commodore Commodore

OK Mick we know (wink wink) that you can hold your drink.........normally in the glass! Thats how you got all that time in Guzz wasn't it? the local landlords put a pertition into the Admiral saying that they couldn't survive if you got drafted to a sea going ship! Their profits would drop by some 60%! each time you sailed.............bit like the Falklands war, it was dire down in Guzz I can tell 'ee, pubs shutting down all over the place...........

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2013 19:47 

Lt Lt

i hope the beer is not to dear in london, im going there for the weekend ,20th september, newbury races in the afternoon then on to the thistle , barbaican london. mind you i can always take a bottle of canadian redwood whiskey,, must be all of six pound a bottle. :lol:

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2013 21:24 

Commodore Commodore

WoW thats expensive whiskey Mick, tis for you anyway! Average beer prices break out at £3.50 up the smoke at the moment - i kid you not - there again depends where you go! Enjoy Mick.

Newbury eh? nice track that one! Its the Dubai thing - close to London and all that! Unlike our local - Newton Abbot more like the local Rec. than a proper race course - mind you there is a Tesco store just outside the gate - handy for the odd burger or two!! Nothing like a nice bit of "Recycling" is there? Good incentive for the horses too! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: