{}

Jacks Corner

a Chance for a few old Salts to Cackle

It is currently 19 Nov 2018 21:44

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: MH370
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2014 10:50 

Lt Lt

I WAS A QA2, NOW I HOPE ITS NOT ME YOU ARE ON ABOUT

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2014 11:13 

Commodore Commodore

now why does that not surprise me?

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2014 11:19 

Commodore Commodore

sounds like another dit coming on - does this have promise?

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2014 19:52 

Lt Lt

no i pass on that one.

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2014 19:52 

Lt Lt

no i pass on that one.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2014 11:50 

Commodore Commodore

Stuttering again Mick! Too much cider? no you could never get to much cider, if you id you'd fall over, but once you picked yourself up again you'd carry on!

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2014 12:02 

PO PO

I know acure for that!! Anti-Qa 2 antibody [695H1-9-9] (Phycoerythrin) (ab25627), im sure it would work?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2014 12:17 

Commodore Commodore

as an ex pussers "Doc" why do I get the feeling that's something to make you crap through the eye of a needle for over 24 hours! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reminds me of the time the company I was with bought a French Ship - the first crew onboard included yours truly and one of my first jobs was to check the medical locker and see what we needed to bring it to UK standards!

Seems some 50% of the contents were to make you crap, the rest was to stop you crapping! Says something about both the French Medical Standards and the French chefs! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2014 15:06 

PO PO

True dit! mate of mine was chippy. The Doc had blocked heads!! The chippy threw down the pan two dissolvable tablets that clear blockages and said.

"Take two of these and come back and see me tomorrow!" Made his day! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2014 17:19 

Commodore Commodore

Now where have a heard that comment before? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: other than from several pussers Doc's Must be the first thing they teach you lot.........possible the only thing at times! Like most medical things it's more by guess than by knowledge at times!

Another dit - Couple of years after leaving Pusser I was doing a Mates Course at Plymouth School of Maritime Studies as it was then! One of the requirements was to update my First Aid at Sea Ticket which was done at RNH Stonehouse (I'm sure you knew it well) Some lieutenant Doc was running the course and did OK, only one minor problem, there where two of us working on the coast - small ships with normally four to five in the crew! So on the day of the final we has this exam and the lieutenant hands out the questions - there is an explosion in the Engine Room and you go below to find five guys in various states of injury, what do you do and in what priority do you treat them - my mate looks at me and mouths WTF! Up goes his hand, Yes? asks the Doc you have a problem! My mate looks at him and straight faced asks "which one is the stowaway?" Confused Doc looks at him and asks (well he had to the daft bugger) what do you mean stowaway? So my looks at him and explains " my mate and I" pointing at me are on coasters, we normally have four crew onboard, I make that six people, who are the stowaways because I won't bother treating them! Smiles all round and exit one confused Doc!! :o :o :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next